Clips can be helpful for
Video clips can enrich your pedagogical practice and course content. Clipping is generally the safest way to incorporate copyrighted video into your online course.
Note: Refer to Copyright section of this guide for more information on fair use and exemptions for instructors.
Why should I use video clips?
How should I use video clips?
Films on Demand provides predefined segmentation for the majority of their videos. You can also create and store segments within your personal account. You must be logged in to your personal account to access this feature.
Create a custom segment
1. Go to Films on Demand and log in to your personal account under Your Profile.
2. Search for a video and click on Segments under the video player.
3. Cue the video to where your custom segment should begin and click on Set Start Time.
4. Play the video to where your custom segment should end and click on Set End Time.
5. Enter a title for your custom segment and click on the Create Custom Segment button.
6. Go to My Content to view a list of your custom segments. See also Custom Segments in the record for the full title.
Note: Refer to Embedding Videos section of this guide to learn how to embed custom segments in Canvas.
Swank does not provide a clipping tool due to licensing and usage restrictions.
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login