While the Citrus College Library subscriptions provide access to a great deal of information for your research, there are times when you may want access to articles or book chapters that are not included in our subscriptions. You can find and request such material at no charge by following the steps below. Please note that this is for articles and book chapters only and items will be delivered electronically. We are currently unable to fulfill borrowing requests for physical items, however you can borrow items in person at participating libraries [see Books & Study Space above]
1. Sign into your library account when you are in the OneSearch catalog using your usual Citrus credentials.
2. After you have done a search and gotten a set of your results, in the left navigation bar, you will see the option to "Add Results Beyond Citrus College Library". Go ahead and activate that slider.
3. In the results panel, you will now also see articles that say "Rapid Request: Get it for me from another library". If it looks like an article you are interested in, click on the article.
4. On the full record for the article, you'll see more information about the article which can help you determine if you would like to request the full article. If you do, simply scroll to the link that says "Request from another library" and click it.
5. This will open up the request form with all the needed information pre-filled. Scroll to the bottom of the form and click "Send Request."
6. You'll get a confirmation message that your request has been submitted.
1. To be able to request articles you discover when searching on the open web (e.g. Wikipedia, PubMed, Google Scholar, etc.), start by installing the LibKey Nomad browser extension.
2. A webpage that includes links to articles or e-books that can be accessed immediately or that can be requested will display a button in the left bottom corner of the screen saying "Provided by Citrus College".
3. Clicking on the icon will take you to available/requestable items. You may see multiple LibKey Nomad buttons. Buttons that say "Download PDF" or "Article Link" will link to articles that are immediately accessible. Buttons that say "Access Options" will link back to a OneSearch record with a link to request the item as above in steps 4-5.
1. After you have submitted a request for an article or book chapter, you will be notified via your Citrus College email when it is ready for you to download. The email will come from "Your.Department@organization.com". Please check your junk mail to make sure you don't miss any notifications.
2. Click on the "My Account" link at the bottom right of the email to navigate to your library account [see screenshot above]
3. Log in to your library account with your Citrus College credentials and navigate to the Requests tab of your account.
4. Download your requested item(s).
Please note that most requests are filled within 12 business hours, but harder to locate items can take longer to fulfill. If you have not received a notification within a week of your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login