Borrowing from the Library
A current Citrus Photo ID card is required to check out circulating and reserve materials. Library materials may not be checked out or renewed if you have overdue items. To renew books, call or visit the Circulation Desk at 622-914-8640. Online renewals will be available soon. Please return books when they are due.
- Books: A maximum of 7 books for 3 weeks, 2 renewals (some exceptions)
- Periodicals: Maximum 5, 7 days, no renewals
- Video: Max. 2, 2 days, no renewals
- Audio: Max. 3, 7 days, 2 renewals
The library only charges fines for lost or damaged library materials.
- Charges will be placed on student records for lost or damaged library materials when they are 3 weeks overdue.
- To appeal a charge, submit a completed Lost Book(s) Appeals Form
LOST AND DAMAGED MATERIALS
Charges will be placed on student records for lost or damaged library materials.
- Lost Materials: Current replacement cost + $10.00 processing fee.
- Damaged Materials: Cost of repair or replacement.
- Payments must be made to the Cashier's Office either in person or online through WingSpan.
- If you return a lost book after you have paid for it, a credit will be added to your WingSpan account.
Food and Drink
In an effort to maintain a safe, clean, well-maintained library
- Consume food before entering the library.
- Consume drinks* in lobby, stair landing, and study areas only.
- No food allowed. No exceptions.
Drinks will be allowed in the library on a limited basis and with the following restrictions:
- ALLOWED: Drinks in covered, spill-proof containers (e.g. cups with a secure top and drinking hole that can be closed, bottles with sipper tops, bottled water).
- NOT ALLOWED: Open drinks (including aluminum cans, drinks with straws, box drinks, paper or Styrofoam cups with or without lids), alcohol.
No food or drink is allowed at the computers or library workstations. Drink privileges, use of library rooms, facilities, and/or resources may be suspended if policy is abused.
Photo ID cards are required for checking out library materials. To receive a Photo ID students must:
- provide photo identification (Driver's License, passport, etc),
- be currently registered with all fees paid,
- have paid their fees at least 48 hours prior to getting a photo ID card.
Please remember to carry your Citrus Photo ID with you at all times.
- 1st Card - Free
- 2nd Card - Replacement
- 3rd Card - Warning
- 4th Card - Referral to Dean of Library
Apply for a Library Card
Community members, IEALC students, Citrus alumni and local area high school students are considered Special Borrowers and may apply for a Hayden Memorial Library card by picking up a Special Borrower Application from the Circulation Desk or accessing it online. High school students must bring a school photo ID when obtaining a card. For high school students, schools must have a signed agreement on file. Agreement letters are sent to high school principals each Fall.
Photocopying and Printing
Seven photocopiers are available for student use. They are located in the Copy Room on the first floor, directly across from the Reserves Desk.
- Black and white copies are 10 cents each
- Color copies are 25 cents each
- Contact Reference staff if you have questions about the copiers.
Printers are located on the 1st Floor (Copy Room & Orientation Room) and the 2nd floor (Audiovisual Desk).
- Currently enrolled students are granted $10 credit for printing in the library and in the IS 107 computer lab at the beginning of each term.
- Students access print credit by logging into a computer with their Network Login.
- Black and white prints are 5 cents and color prints are 25 cents.
- Print jobs are limited to 10MB and 20 pages.
- Coming Soon students will be able to access wireless printing and purchase additional credit online once their $10 runs out.
Computers and Wireless Access
The library provides 100 computers in the library for students to use. Students log into the network using their username and password
- The username is the first part of the Citrus email address.
- The password is Cc (case sensitive) and the first 6 digits of the WingSpan PIN number.
- The wireless network is called cc-ap and can only be accessed by current Citrus students.
Silence cell phones.
Lower your voice.
Turn audio down.
The library maintains a collection of some (not all) current textbooks. Search Course Reserves
area of the library catalog to locate specific titles, courses or instructors.
- Currently enrolled Citrus College students may check-out Reserve items *.
- Students must have a current Citrus College Photo ID to check-out Reserve items.
- Current Photo ID hours
- Students must have a clear library record. Please return or pay for any lost or damaged items.
- Students can check out only one reserve textbook item at a time. (Students can check out a Solutions Manual or Lab Manual with the corresponding book).
- Most Reserve items check-out for a period of 2 hours inside the library only (less, if demand is high).
- Extended Study reserve textbooks are checked-out for the duration of the term and may be renewed once.
RESERVE GRACE PERIOD
* Citrus College Photo ID is preferred to check out Reserve materials.
If you don't have a have Photo ID yet and Photo ID office is closed:
- You may use your Citrus ID number and Driver's License if you are enrolled.
- If you have not paid your registration fees you must show Reserve staff proof that you have registered for the course and a valid driver's license or ID.
- Effective through the "last day to add" of the current term.
Group Study Rooms A-K (first floor) are available for groups of 2 or more on a first come, first served basis. These rooms cannot be scheduled in advance or held for a group.
- Single individuals may be asked to vacate a Group Study Room if a group of two or more wishes to use it.
- A group may not retain a room by leaving their personal possessions in it. Unattended items left in a Group Study Room will be removed and turned over to Campus Safety.
- Group Study Rooms are not sound proof. All groups are asked to keep sound to a minimum.
- In consideration of others, groups are asked to please throw away trash, straighten up the room and leave the door open when leaving.
- Students can check out white board markers from the Reserves Desk for two hours at a time.
If a student sets off the library security gate alarm and has a Reserve book or library item they have not checked out IN HAND, the student must return the book to library staff.
If a student sets off the library security gate alarm and has a Reserve book or library item they have not checked out IN A BACKPACK/BAG,
- FIRST OFFENSE - the student will be warned and notified that if it happens again, Campus Safety will be called and a theft report will be taken. Library staff will enter a note in Millennium noting date warning was given, signed with staff initials.
- SECOND OFFENSE (and any subsequent offenses) - Library staff will ask for Citrus ID or other identification to be given to Campus Safety, staff will ask student to step into the Circulation/Photo ID area to wait, Campus Safety will be called and a theft report will be taken. Library staff will enter a note in Millennium noting date Campus Safety was called, signed with staff initials.
The collection development policy helps us develop healthy and balanced library collection of print and electronic books, print periodicals, online databases, and audiovisual resources that support the curriculum and instructional programs and the needs for students, faculty and staff.