Hayden Memorial Library Study Room Guidelines
- Study rooms are for studying and academic purposes only.
- Study rooms may not be used for student club meetings or instructor office hours.
- Library faculty and staff reserve the right to enter any study room for security, maintenance, or other reasons.
- Library faculty and staff reserve the right to cancel any booking that has not checked in 15 minutes past the start time.
- Study Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Study Rooms may be reserved for up to two and a half (2.5) hours a day.
- All twelve rooms on the first floor of the library include chair(s), table(s), and
whiteboard. Study Room L on the first floor also includes a computer and media
- All six rooms on the second floor of the library include chair(s), table(s), whiteboard,
computer and media equipment
- Wireless keyboard/mouse, white board markers, and erasers are available for checkout.
- Second floor study rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 people. First floor study
rooms have a maximum occupancy of 4 people. Study room L has a maximum
occupancy of 6 people.
Check out Process:
- Currently registered students must present their Citrus College Photo ID.
- Rooms may be reserved up to a week in advance or at the library prior to check out
- Checked out by an individual student or groups of up to six, depending on room size.
- The person whose photo identification is used to check out the room must retain the room key and may not transfer it to another student.
- For group check out, the person whose photo identification is used to check out the room must remain at all times while the room is in use; otherwise, the entire group will be asked to leave.
Expected Student Behavior:
- Hushed volume since rooms are not soundproof; door must be closed while room is in use.
- Equipment must remain plugged in.
- Furniture stays in the room during use, and additional furniture cannot be added.
- One light must remain on at all times.
- Room key must remain in the Library and be returned on time.
- Personal items cannot be left unattended. Staff is not responsible for items left behind and may place unattended items in lost and found at the Reserves Desk.
- No food of any kind, and library-friendly beverage containers only (no open containers).
- No litter. Trash cans are not provided in study rooms, so please discard any trash outside the library.
- Door must be closed upon exiting the study room.
- Interior door locks are for emergency use only.
Need some help with our new online reservation system? Click HERE for a step-by-step video!