Find Online Journal Articles with EBSCO Databases
1. Select the Database List from the library homepage. Search multiple EBSCO databases.
2. Add a check to America: History & Life and History Reference Center databases. Then select Continue.
3. Type your topic in the search box. Leave Select a Field for a keyword search or switch to Subject to search subject headings.
4. Use the following example to design the search for your topic.
5. Limit your search to Full Text. You may also limit to Scholoarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals
Peer-reviewed journals are publications that include only those articles that have been reviewed and/or qualified by a selected panel of acknowledged experts in the field of study covered by the journal.
6. History Reference Center has it's own set of Special Limiters. The timeline option will help you narrow your search by time period. You can also limit to primary source as a Document Type.
When you have set up your search options, click search to see the results. You can always further refine from the results page.
Refine your Results
1. Add search terms. Change search field to Subject to search for term(s) in subject headings.
2. Add asterisk or question mark to expand searches.
3. Adjust Publication Date.
4. Limit by Subject.
5. Limit by Database.
6. Click on a relevant article.
7. Use Tools on right of article to Print, E-mail, Save, Cite and more.
Citations are sent in MLA format as a default. APA and Chicago are also available.
For more information about citations, click the Citations tab above.
8. NOTE: Double check citations before emailing or printing. Make sure the author or titles are NOT in ALL CAPS.
9. When emailing, leave a comment/message to yourself about why you selected the article.
Check out the guided tutorials links below for EBSCOhost.
Access these titles below (EBSCOhost password required from off campus):
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login