Locate Online Journal Articles with EBSCO's Databases
The above search box is under construction. Follow instructions below to search EBSCO.
FROM THE HOME PAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. From the library home page, select Databases, then select EBSCOhost - Multiple Databases. (See Remote Access box on on this page for MyLibrary Account)
2. Add a check to Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection box. Deselect eBook Collection. Then select Continue.
3. Type your search term(s) into the search box. Leave Select a Field (for a broad, keyword search) or change it to Subject for a more specific search. Before you search, limit your search options (see below).
There are a variety of ways to limit your results.
4. Limit results in Search Options section by checking Full Text and Scholarly Journals.
Peer-reviewed journals are publications that include only those articles that have been reviewed and/or qualified by a selected panel of acknowledged experts in the field of study covered by the journal.
5. Limit results by Publication Date (optional). Select search after you've selected your search options.
NOTE: Truncation. Add an asterisk * to the root of a search term for all forms of a word, ex. psych* = psychology, psychological, psychobiology, psychoanalysis, etc.
6. When using the search box at the top of this page, Refine Your Results by clicking Show More.
7. Limit by Subject.
Check boxes next to related library subject headings. This limits your search to Library of Congress Subject Headings (more specific).
8. Click on a relevant article. Look at the abstract and subject headings for clues to it's contents.
Some are offered in HTML, some PDF, some both. All HTML articles have Translate and Listen options.
9. Use Tools on right of article to Print, E-mail, Save, Cite and more.
Citations are set to MLA format as a default. Change to APA format before you email the article.
For more information about citations, click the Citations tab above.
10. NOTE: Double check citations for accuracy when using them directly as given. Make sure the authors names are NOT in ALL CAPS.
11. When emailing, leave a comment/message to yourself about why you selected the article.
Getting Ideas for Research Topics
As you explore topics, use EBSCO Subject function to get ideas. From the main search screen, select Subjects and then select Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection.
Search for your topic alphabetically and then select browse.
See also related terms.
Choose one of the subjects below to begin your search or add subject headings listed to your search to refine it.
EBSCO contains psychology-related journal titles online including peer-reviewed titles.
Three are available in our print periodicals section on the 1st Floor of the library.
Books or magazine articles that are not owned by Citrus can be borrowed from another library. You can place your own requests through the link to the Interlibrary Loan Request Form. Please allow up to two weeks to get requested materials.
Check out the guided tutorials links below for EBSCOhost.
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login