Locate Online Journal Articles with EBSCO's
Academic Search Premier & MagillOnLiterature Plus Databases
1. From the library homepage, select Databases List & Access, then EBSCO - select multiple databases (See Remote Access box for login info).
2. Add a check to Communication and Mass Media Complete (for film-related results), MagillOnLiterature Plus or any other database relevant to your research. The default search includes EBSCO's eBook Collection. Then click Continue.
3. Type the name of your work in the search box, add the author's last name to the next search box, add any other search terms.
2. Use the following example to design the search for criticism on your work.
3. Add a check to the Full Text box for full-text articles.
3. Add search terms
NOTE: Truncation. Add an asterisk * to the root of a search term for all forms of a word, ex. symbol*=symbolic, symbolizes, symbolically, etc.
4. Check Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Journals box (optional) and click Update.
Peer-reviewed journals are publications that include only those articles that have been reviewed and/or qualified by a selected panel of acknowledged experts in the field of study covered by the journal.
5. Click Show More for even more Search Options. Narrow by document type.
Each database has it's own set of Special Limiters. Under Document Type, select Work Analysis (optional) for an even more narrow search (see below).
6. Limit by Subject.
Check boxes next to related library subject headings (film title at minimum).
7. Click on a relevant article.
Some are offered in HTML, some PDF, some both. All HTML articles have Translate and Listen options.
8. Use Tools on right of article to Print, E-mail, Save, Cite and more.
Citations are sent in MLA format as a default.
For more information about citations, click the Citations tab above.
9. NOTE: Double check citations before emailing or printing. Make sure the title or authors are not in ALL CAPS.
10. When emailing, leave a comment/message to yourself about why you selected the article.
Check out the guided tutorials links below for EBSCOhost.
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login