Locate Online Journal Articles with EBSCO's Databases
1. From the library home page, in the Quick Search box, click EBSCO. (See Remote Access box on on this page for username and password)
2. Add a check to any additional relevant databases. Then click Continue.
3. Type your search term(s) into the search box. Leave Select a Field (for a broad, keyword search) or change it to Subject for a more specific search. Before you search, limit your search options (see below).
There are a variety of ways to limit your results.
4. Limit results in Search Options section by checking Full Text..
5. Limit results by Publication Date (optional). Click search after you've selected your search options.
NOTE: Truncation. Add an asterisk * to the root of a search term for all forms of a word, ex. psych* = psychology, psychological, psychobiology, psychoanalysis, etc.
6. When using the search box at the top of this page, Refine Your Results by clicking Show More.
7. Limit by Subject.
Check boxes next to related library subject headings. This limits your search to Library of Congress Subject Headings (more specific).
8. Click on a relevant article. Look at the abstract and subject headings for clues to it's contents.
Some are offered in HTML, some PDF, some both. All HTML articles have Translate and Listen options.
9. Use Tools on right of article to Print, E-mail, Save, Cite and more.
Citations are sent in MLA format as a default. APA and Chicago are also available.
For more information about citations, click the Citations tab above.
10. NOTE: Double check citations before emailing or printing. Make sure the authors titles are NOT in ALL CAPS.
11. When emailing, leave a comment/message to yourself about why you selected the article.
Check out the guided tutorials links below for EBSCOhost.
Powered by Springshare │ LibApps Login