Hayden Memorial Library Study Room Guidelines
- Study rooms are for studying and academic purposes only.
- Study rooms may not be used for student club meetings or instructor office hours.
- Library faculty and staff reserve the right to enter any study room for security, maintenance, or other reasons.
- Library faculty and staff reserve the right to cancel any booking that has not checked in 15 minutes past the start time.
- Study Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- Twelve rooms are located on the first floor and include chair(s), table(s), and whiteboard. One larger room includes a computer and media equipment.
- Six rooms are located on the second floor of the library and include chair(s), table(s), whiteboard, computer, and media equipment.
- Wireless keyboard/mouse, white board markers, and erasers are available for checkout.
Check out Process:
- Checked out by currently registered students with a Citrus College Photo ID.
- Checked out on a first-come first-served basis.
- You can reserve any two hours per day in consecutive or separate one hour blocks.
- Checked out by an individual student or groups of two or more students but not to exceed six students in a group.
- The person whose photo identification is used to check out the room must retain the room key and may not transfer it to another student.
- For group check out, the person whose photo identification is used to check out the room must remain at all times while the room is in use; otherwise, the entire group will be asked to leave.
Expected Student Behavior:
- Hushed volume since rooms are not soundproof; door must be closed while room is in use.
- Equipment must remain plugged in.
- Furniture stays in the room during use, and additional furniture cannot be added.
- One light must remain on at all times.
- Room key must remain in the Library and be returned on time.
- Personal items cannot be left unattended. Staff is not responsible for items left behind and may place unattended items in lost and found at the Reserves Desk.
- No food of any kind, and library-friendly beverage containers only (no open containers).
- No litter. Trash cans are not provided in study rooms, so please discard any trash outside the library.
- Door must be closed upon exiting the study room.
Need some help with our new online reservation system? Click HERE for a step-by-step video!